Monday, November 28, 2011

A HOMEMADE Christmas

Spent some time yesterday getting into the holiday spirit by working on my oh so long list of Christmas projects. I have always enjoyed creating gifts rather than buying. Even an altered gift will show more care than something quickly purchased. 
Well anyways, I made my first Christmas card of the season with G45's Christmas emporium paper. 
6a00d83495455153ef0133eda32469970b320wi.jpg



Santa and all of the elements were distressed with Tim Holts Vintage Photo ink. Found quite a bit of inspiration from the G45 site, which shows so many brilliant pieces using their amazing papers. 







I even created my first embellishment of this sort (i'm not even sure what you call them!). They show up on quite a bit of work since Tim Holtz has a die cut to create them, though I just made my own using a scoring board and glue gun. Took a bit of time but i felt it turned out well. 


NEXT, I worked on these altered gloves purchased for a dollar at Target. They were very cute and plain and I felt they needed a girly touch for my husbands to best female friends. Also created a custom made tag (again using G45 Christmas Emporium) to give it a bit more love. <3


The flowers were oh so easy to make. I found the tutorial on Pinterest here. All you need is a bit of felt and a glue gun. Then I hand sew them on to make sure they are secured well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!