Thursday, December 15, 2011

Scrapping

Over at "Creating the Crafty Life" they post weekly challenges. This week I've been having quite a bit of fun working on them. 

This first one was the card challenge. 

On this card I worked for the first time with a mask. Although its a bit hard to see you can see it peeking from behind the images on the right. I will say, I didn't feel like they stuck as well as I expected. I had to ink quickly and keep smoothing it down. User error or design flaw I'm not completely sure. Can you see the little photos inside the glass pieces? One says Holiday Wishes, the other is a candle. Glossy Accents really adheres the paper to these well. It only takes about 5 seconds and I can cut!


This was the color challenge. We were able to create anything using the color burgundy, which was really fun. I am really enjoying how CCL incorporates lots of different people who enjoy crafting. For example (jewelry making, clay creation, scrap book, needlework, etc). So even though I entered a tag, others will create something completely different. 

USED: Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium papers, white acrylic paint dabber (for snow drift), Rock Candy Stickles, pop up foam pieces,  and of course my favorite Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. 




 The Layout Challenge

Though I've done the other two challenges in Christmas themes, I found that I was leaning toward an album I've been working on for quite some time. It is mostly filled with senior photos and high school memorabilia form my cheerleading days, but I had senior photos that also needed to be included. Did I mention this is also my first run at embossing? I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China and it really made a subtle/dainty difference to the layout. 

Lots of pretty flowers from Iamroses. I have grown quite fond of using these. 

Picket Fence cut from the Monsters cartridge on my Cricut. Its really suppose to be a bit spooky but with some white crackle paint and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, it looks much more whimsical.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!