Thursday, June 7, 2012

Just to Say Hello Card

Afternoon everyone! This has been such a slow posting week for me, partly because family is in town & also because I'm home with the children full time now! It takes a bit of getting use to and later I will have some updates on curriculum I've created for my 4yr. old while homeschooling. I've got about ... oh 4 weeks? worth of lesson plans to blog about including some great pictures and activities.. I think I will make a week out of those posts! 

BUUUT... back to the card. 



I started by stamping the chevron background on white patterned paper. *the stamp is from my new order from Simon Says Stamp... Love IT!  Next I used Basic Grey papers to add banners to the patterned paper& adhered it to the card. I finished it off by stamping broken china distress ink onto a tim holtz stamp& placing the finger under a punched piece of basic grey. I added pearls to it & wah-lah! 


The other half of my butterfly circle was adhered to the inside of the card. I thought it gave it such a CUTE finished look. This is actually adhered to a mat of white cardstock so the staple wouldn't show on the back. I like adding mattes to the inside, it not only makes my card more sturdy but leaves it looking more professional. 


Here's a quick close up of the bottom. You can see the finger stamp, the large banner (with image of a small correspondence banner on it)& the brown polka dotted banner I placed on top.  

Note: When your background stamps aren't perfect, don't throw them away! I love how my stamping doesn't always look perfect, it's distressed ladies. lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!