Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tiny Gifts :: Bibs & Newborn Peasant Dress



I have been doing lots of sewing, as always. So why has the blog been so quiet? 

Well, this month I was happy to be asked by quite a few bloggers to write guest posts, and many of the garments I've been creating are for those posts or the warm spring days we just haven't seen in Iowa lately. 

After taking a break from a larger project, I wanted to use some of the fabrics I won from Alida Make's "Calling all Kids" series. I had received a fat quarters bundle from Glam Fabrics, which boasted some beautiful prints. I'm not a quilter (yet) so I needed to find other small projects that were worthy it. 

I chose to first make a few bibs. I keep these in a small bin to use as gifts for all my baby toting friends. 




I was happy to land a TON of fabric from both my Mother in Law & my Grandmother in Law recently, which yielded perfectly coordinating solids for the print. I've been oggling it all for about a week trying to get it organized and figuring out what I can do with it all. I even GAVE SOME TO THE THRIFT SHOP! I know right? 



I was able to get two of each color from a fat quarter with a tiny bit left over. I can't waist good fabric so it's also being used. 

It also became the sleeves to another Peasant Dress. 



Well, back to the sewing table. I can't wait to be sharing all this hard work with you! 




5 comments:

  1. That dress! If I had a girl, I'd be begging you to make me one. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I love when my friends ask me to make them something, it's a lovely affirmation that they would actually put their kids in my creations. Score!

      Mae

      Delete
  2. That dress! If I had a girl, I'd be begging you to make me one. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sewing bibs! And that dress is too cute...need to find a girl to sew for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bibs are such a nice baby shower gift. Another one I seem to always grab for when making for a newborn is the binky clip... It's a grosgrain attached to a mitten clip. Cute& useful is definitely my style. Thanks so much for the kind comment
      !

      Mae

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!