Monday, April 13, 2015

Boys Button Up in Echino Fabric


Hey!

I'm back to show off this killer boys button up that I made to sell last week. I was realizing the sad state of boys clothing on my Mae & Co. rack and had purchased a yard of this insane Echino fabric last year, but hadn't felt confident about what it should be. I wanted something that I could really show off the intricate design of the pattern. I think this top does a great job, though I could see it as a few other really awesome garments as well. 




For the front panels I used the multicolored geometric pattern in the fabric and made sure to fussy cut so that the bird was visible. 
I lined the button placket in a sturdy black cotton. It kept the front nice and stable for the snaps. 



The back, sleeves, and front pocket show the more subtle print that the fabric features- the teal and white shapes with just a hint of silver if you look closely at certain triangles. I wanted to break up the back just a tad so I used that colorful print on the upper back and collar as well. 

To better understand the fabric, here is a photo of the entire length :


Etsuko Furuya does such an amazing job designing these fabrics and this particular design is from 2013. I believe it was the fall collection? If you have a chance to sew with it- DO. It's wonderful!




3 comments:

  1. Three are usually cheap Ralph Lauren available for sale each and every time you wish to buy. shape flex sf101 alternative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. filipino virtual assistants

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!